|Letter: Fools clothed in education: The Gonsalves Story|
|Published on October 25, 2013||
Email To Friend Print Version|
There is no man that is as ignorant as an educated man in a field he knows nothing about. With that said, I must emphasized here that there are many people who are considered “Jacks of all trades”; unfortunately for such people, there is not enough time for them to master any of these trades hence the term “Jack of all trades, master of none” of the many things they can do. It is important to note that even the Jacks of the world do not know a little about everything.
Today there are many people with practical knowledge, who are denied the opportunity to function in the field of their calling. This is so because, they are without a piece of paper validating their academic qualification; as a result many companies, institutions and communities suffer because they are deprived of the competent individuals and the opportunity propel the institution while incompetents sit at the helm screwing things up. In other words, we are living in a certificate world.
It is evident that there are many people who have obtained practical training and academic qualification in many fields; however, their practical application of that which they were taught leaves much to be desired. In other words, there are a lot of qualified ignoramuses holding influential offices, suffocating the growth of the entity they work for. The most prominent of the qualified ignoramus that comes to mind is the Prime Minister of St Vincent and the Grenadines.
Here is a man who went in pursuit of the single highest academic qualification one can obtain in a field: a doctorate (PhD), yet his functional ability in each of his fields of training is worth diddly squat! Nada! Nothing! Unfortunately, Gonsalves’ ability to function in the capacity for which he is employed leaves too much to be desired, his ability to make rational decisions, his ability to inspire economic growth etc., is not worth the paper on which he wrote his dissertation.
1. In the 70s Ralph Gonsalves joined a youth positive energetic group called Yulemo. When he joined that group it marked the beginning of the end of the vibrant group. That group fell into ruin as the divisiveness of Gonsalves sent a wedge down its middle, then he stripped the group of its talents in order to form his own group.
2. Then he started his own political party the Movement for National Unity (MUN). The name is quite a paradox, for his national united movement came out of the disunity he caused in Yulemo. Like the trail of chaos that follows him, Gonsalves abandoned his own creation, the MUN, in his pursuit to sit into the seat of the prime minister of St Vincent and the Grenadines.
3. He took over as head of government and chief administrator of the resources of St Vincent and the Grenadines and we saw:
a. The poor management and bankruptcy of the St Vincent and the Grenadines Marketing Corporation, an indigenous company that was set up as a local outlet/export entity, for locally produced products.
b. The bankruptcy of the state owned national bank: The National Commercial Bank (NCB), which is now in foreign hands.
c. The St Vincent and the Grenadines Building and Loan Association, another indigenous financial institution (long story).
d. Bottlers St Vincent Limited (a locally owned soda production company.
e. He is the main person behind the ghettorization of Kingstown (interesting story).
f. He is also responsible for the slumming of Little Tokyo: a Japanese funded fisheries unit, open shopping plaza and bus terminal.
g. He pushed the struggling tourist industry over the cliff now it is on the brink of death.
h. He plunged a knife into the heart, ensuring the death of the multimillion dollar banana industry
i. Gonsalves stood by hopelessly; knowing he is without the ability to perform economic CPR and spitefully watched the slow and painful demise of the nation’s economic lifeline: the agricultural industry, suffocating for a lack of innovation and creativity, yet he did not even have the presence of mind to call 911 to summon help.
Gonsalves has proven not to be a total failure; in that he was successful in:
• Avoiding being arrested, charge and prosecuted for several counts of rape, other sexual related felonies and other criminal charges.
• He was successful in manipulating the Vincentian electorate into electing him more than one time. Or did they?
• He was successful in securing approximately one million of his mama dollars from the Building and Loan Association at the expense of that indigenous company plunging into the abbess of failure.
• He was successful in corrupting several ministers of religion and three of whom lost their ministerial officer and ministry.
• He was successful in messing up the police force and makeing the nation less safe for the population.
• He was successful in messing up his marriage to a beautiful Dominican lass and shaming her and her entire family once too much.
Even the things that Ralph E Gonsalves was successful in doing were a failure. What a man that Ralph E. Gonsalves is.
here to receive daily news headlines from Caribbean News Now!
Allan Palmer article applies to most if not all OECS and Caribbean leaders. As soon as they enter politics they become gods and cannot be touched. My Saint Lucian leader is no exception.
Good morning Alan, I agree with all that you wrote here today. But in the back of my tiny mind I believe something more sinister may well be at play. Some may agree with me, some may disagree with me.
I believe that because SVG has a high percentage of middle class citizens and a higher than average of wealthy people, it is impossible to completely convert it to the Cuban model, to make it a Marxist state. I think the aim and target of Gonsalves is to do just that. But before that model can be fully adopted it is necessary to rid SVG of all middle and upper class persons, destroy and not encourage any further industry, to destroy the Vincentian traders and private companies. The total destruction of our capitalist system and society as we know it today.
One of the ways to rid our society of the wealth providers is to cause them to migrate, thousands have already done that. Then educate people and provide them with no jobs, make them migrate to be able to work, earn and live. Borrow, borrow and borrow until no one will lend us any further money.
Bankrupt the financial institutions and the country in general and ensure that the political scientist training by the extreme leader is working to a proper formulated mode that ensures destruction of the capitalist system.
Eventually there will be no resistance to Marxist ideology and the introduction of a policy and system that includes dictatorship and a dynasty of future dictatorship for family and children of the dictator.
Now if the theory that I put forward is wrong and that of course is possible with any theory, but if I am wrong Gonsalves has achieved a lot of what I mention here by mistake or/and coincidence.
Now don’t mistake me I am not saying that the political aims of Gonsalves are wrong, or that I have judged them correctly. Because he is what he is, and the people elected him for what he is. I know there was a period of dormancy before we realised his true colours, but my theory also says “leopards never change their spots”.
If I am right we are well on the way to being a satellite state of Cuba, because the achievements taking us forward to a Marxist society are almost complete.
If I am right we are a compound part of a grand alliance known as ALBA, home of the unfree and of the Caribbean and South American league of Marxist dictators.
Remember, if we had accepted the new constitution, we would be there already in full glory under the red flags just like we experienced when the machinery arrived for Argyle.. Hundreds of brainwashed children waiving red flags and worshiping a man instead of God.
If you want a commy for a neighbour vote Unity Labour.