BELLEVUE, USA -- On Tuesday, Expedia.com, one of the world’s largest full-service online travel sites, announced the Expedia 2014 Insiders’ Select rankings, an annual crowd-sourced list of the world’s best-reviewed hotels. The Insiders’ Select list recognizes the top-ranked hotels available worldwide on Expedia.com, as judged by nearly two million annual verified guest reviews and in-house experts.
Hotels that consistently deliver value, in the form of competitive pricing, pristine amenities and superior customer service, will see that commitment rewarded in their ranking.
Among the top-ranked hotels announced on the 2014 list, 18 are based in the Caribbean, including four in Jamaica.
The exclusive 2014 list designates only 650 hotels as Insiders’ Select properties, from among the more than 290,000 bookable properties available on Expedia, Inc. websites worldwide. Lakehouse Hotel and Resort, a four-star property in San Marcos, topped the 2014 Insiders’ Select list, followed closely by Blue Karma Resort in Seminyak, Bali. Last year, Mexico dominated the top ten with six properties but this year, the United States takes that honor with six listed in the top ten.
The top Caribbean hotels in this year’s ranking include:
1. Yepton Estate Cottages (St John’s, Antigua)
2. Battaleys Mews (Speightstown, Barbados)
3. Round Hill Hotel & Villas (Montego Bay, Jamaica)
4. Grande Bay Resort (St John, US Virgin Islands)
5. West Bay Club (Providenciales, Turks and Caicos)
6. Bleu Emeraude Residence (Grand-Case, St Martin)
7. Secrets St James Montego Bay (Montego Bay, Jamaica)
8. Rondel Village (Negril, Jamaica)
9. The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman (Seven Mile Beach, Cayman Islands)
10. Ladera Resort (Soufriere, St Lucia)
11. Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort (Oranjestad, Aruba)
12. The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort (Willemstad, Curacao)
13. Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall (Montego Bay, Jamaica)
14. The Buccaneer (Christiansted, US Virgin Islands)
15. One & Only Ocean Club (Paradise Island, Bahamas)
16. Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro (Punta Cana, Dominican Republic)
17. Seven Stars Resort (Providenciales, Turks and Caicos)
18. The Fairmont Southampton Hotel (Southampton, Bermuda)
“Every year we celebrate the Insiders’ Select list to honor the hotels and our commitment to giving customers a resource to make informed and confident hotel booking decisions that will fit any budget,” said John Morrey, vice president and general manager, Expedia.com.
Insiders’ Select ranks hotels using a combination of verified guest reviews, Expedia hotel expert input and overall value. The list is developed using a propriety mathematical formula, predominantly based on quantitative verified customer review scores with an element of qualitative insight from the local Expedia Market Management teams.
Hotels named to the Insiders’ Select list stand to benefit from substantial exposure to the millions of consumers who visit Expedia to shop for and book travel every month. Recognition programs such as Insiders’ Select also underscore the significance of traveler opinions on the reputation and future success of a hotel.